Android-OS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

samsung-galaxy-a72-5g_801x450-800-resize.jpg
Supported devices
All variations of A72 4g (A725F, A725F/DS, A725M and A725M/DS) are supported.

Working
  • Audio
  • Wifi
  • Hotspot
  • Calls
  • WifiDisplay
  • Bluetooth
  • OMX
  • Camera
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint
  • Screen-Off-FOD
  • Mobile data
  • GPS
  • DT2W

Bugs
  • VoLTE/VoWIFI (Samsung's implementation doesn't work on AOSP)
  • No 60FPS recording in Camera

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on OneUI 5 firmware before flashing this ROM, otherwise the installation will fail!

NOTE: Usually, installing a custom recovery and vbmeta requires you to use Odin (Windows) or Heimdall (Linux/Mac). However, as Heimdall is often troublesome, you can also use Odin4 (Linux) which works by far better and easier than Heimdall. See the Odin4 XDA thread here.

Recommended
Follow the guide on the LineageOS website: A52 4G | A72

Alternative way (TWRP/OrangeFox)
  1. Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
  2. If not done before, download vbmeta.img from the LineagOS website (A52 | A72) and pack it into a tar file.
  3. Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP/OrangeFox installed.
  4. If wanted, backup all your necessary partitions (super, boot, data, EFS) before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
  5. Download the lineage build for your device from the link below and optionally download your preferred GApps package too.
  6. Flash the LineageOS zip using the "Install" button.
  7. Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
  8. Format data in TWRP/OrangeFox as the very last thing, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop if coming from stock ROM.
  9. Wipe metadata and cache partitions. This only has to be done once when you install LineageOS.
  10. Reboot

Downloads
A72 4G: Last official build

For newer builds, visit the LineageOS 21 thread.

Gapps (choose arm64 and 13.0):
MindTheGapps

Old unofficial builds:
LineageOS 20

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity
  • Follow this guide.
Support
Donations
They aren't necessary, but if you like my work feel free to send me or LineageOS a donation.

Credits
To...
  • Me, for spending my time on this project
  • @Grarak for his fingerprint and DT2W fixes
  • @TheLeo2307 for testing on his A72
  • @miamighost for testing on his A52
  • Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks